Many Sales Professionals and Office Staff are well-versed in oral communication. Using the right techniques u can also improve your persuasiveness in written communication. Are you taking this training? Then you prove with every single letter or e-mail that your company is a competent and professional business partner. That way you even turn a complaint into an opportunity.
Who is it for? For you!
- Office Staff
- Sales Professionals
- Anyone communicating regarding customer inquiries and complaints about invoicing, service and shipments
Topics included in this training:
Day 1: workshop using best practices.
You send LISS a dozen recent letters and e-mails. Together with the information about your company values and positioning, they will form the basis of the training.
Latest understandings about customer-oriented writing
- Importance of writing correctly
- Writing in colloquial speech: short sentences, no jargon, avoid auxiliary verbs …
- Give your reader what he is looking for: ‘skimmable’ writing, specific and to the point
- Writing positively
- Writing from your customer’s point of view: turn ‘we‘ into ‘you’
Being persuasive in writing when dealing with enquiries and complaints
- Know your customer: Insight in human nature, empathizing and arguing
- What impression do you want to leave about your company
CASE 1: reacting convincingly to an e-mail enquiry
- The e-mail message: structure
- How to position your company in an e-mail message
- How to follow-up on an e-mail message?
CASE 2: reacting appropriately to a letter of complaint
- The letter: knowing how your reader reads
- Importance of empathizing
- Positive answer: structure, arguing, how to focus on good news
- Negative answer: structure, arguing
Day 2: Follow-up. Individual coaching and brushing up on best practices in group.
Each participant sends in a letter and e-mail ‘new style’ beforehand. LISS assesses it thoroughly and discusses the individual points of improvement with your staff members.
This follow-up is completed through a 1-hour group session during which we again go through the major points of interest concerning customer oriented writing in letters and e-mails with all participants.
Would you like more information or a tailor-made training for your team?
Call Liesbeth Huysmans at +32 (0)475 54 52 48 or mail Liesbeth.Huysmans@liss.cc